Pages

Friday 7 October 2011

China Glaze - Champagne Bubbles (Let It Snow Collection Holiday 2011)


EEEK... I'm really not sure about this polish. This is Champagne Bubbles from China Glaze's Let It Snow Collection for holiday season 2011. I keep my skin tanned, about a NC 30 in MAC terms, I'm not sure it really goes that well with my skin tone. I might go nicer for someone with a lighter or darker skin tone. 



So I used two coats to get a nice opacity. I didn't put a top coat on. I wasn't going to keep it on! I think this is the stinker of the bunch. It's a golden yellow frost with silver sparkles sparsely scatter through it. So what I didn't like wasn't just the tone of the colour. I also didn't like that when you put on a second coat of polish which is necessary cause one coat was just uneven, the second coat traps the glitter beneath it. The glitter doesn't show through it just stays underneath and makes the nail look lumpy. A top coat will help but I just don't think this polish was well executed. I would have like to have seen a nice golden glass flaked jelly from China Glaze, think Lighthouse but more darker. But ohhh well... with a coat of Twinkle Lights this colour was okay. 


I think skip it. Spend your time looking for other alternatives. China Glaze is $7-8 CAD. Finding a store that sells China Glaze is a little tricky. It's available at select salons, Chatters, and e-tailers. 

Thanks for reading!
Please follow The Lacquer Lounge!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...