Pages

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Oh Toni Toni Toni... Julep - Toni


Julep was a fairly unheard of brand up until a couple months ago when they came out with the Julep Maven program and made a quite a few bloggers mad thats when I heard of them. I myself tried them, and have had the worst experience. Anyways...  Toni. I ordered Toni with my Julep Maven program discount, and free shipping I get from the program. If you use the discount it winds up to be about $11 US. Without the discount they are $14 US each. You get a small 0.2 fl. oz. size bottle. 

I'm crazy about colours like Toni. I buy em all. I have a ton of taupes type colours just like Toni. So it's not so unique. Almost every brand including drug store brands have a colour just like this one. Julep describes it as a grey with a hint of purple. Myself I would say its a plain taupe. I used two coats that the application of the polish was good. One coat of OPI Start to Finish as a base coat, one coat of INM Out the Doors top coat. 

Here is where I slap myself for buying Toni. It was the worst chipping polish that I've ever used. I put it on at night and the next morning on my way to work I noticed two chips. By the end of the day my nails looked horrific. Some chips went down half my nail. I'm not even sure how all the chips happened. I'm fairly easy on my nails. I could have tried CND Sticky/China Glaze Strong Adhesion type base coat, but I don't think base coats like thoughs should be necessary to get through one day. I bought 4 polishes from Julep, so far I've only tried Toni and it was a not-so-hot mess. In my opinion Toni is one to skip. At $14, it is 100% not with it. 



JULEP TONI SWATCHES


THANKS FOR DROPPING IN!

1 comment:

Beyond Blush said...

really sad about the chipping! :( polishes should last way longer than that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...