Pages

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Favourites of 2011: L'oreal Owl's Night (Project Runway Collection Fall 2011)


The illusive L'oreal Owl's Night! I've wanted this for over a month now and it hasn't yet shown up here in Canada. My hopes diminished last weekend when I saw some of the less popular colours from the Project Runway Collection, on a "Fall Collection" dispay. Really? We want the same displays as everyone else! Anyways... two weekends ago I went across the boarder on a nail polish adventure. My main mission was to find Owl's Night. I went to four (yes four!) Rite-Aids to try to find it. It was really a long shot but I was obsessed! Finally my iPhone took me to a little Rite-Aid in the middle of a small town and I found it!!! Mission accomplished. 

So Owl's Night came out late September and has been very hard to find. Each display has 2 spots for it! But if I found it, maybe you sill can too. And who knows... maybe it'll show up in Canada (fingers crossed). I used two coats and one coat of IMN Out the Door Top coat. Perfection. Absolutely love this colour. It's a very dark olive colour with the most amazing gleaming shimmer to it. Stunning! This was $4.99 US. Some have said it's a dupe to Sally Hansen's limited edition Sequin Scandal colour, but I would say they have similarities but aren't dupes. See comparison below.



LOREAL OWL'S NIGHT SWATCH


COMPARISON:
T - B: L'OREAL - OWL'S NIGHT, SALLY HANSEN - SEQUIN SCANDAL

Compared to L'oreal Owl's Night Sally Hansen Sequin Scandal has:
- Less "glowy" shimmer to it
- Slightly larger flakie shimmer to it
- Is overall darker


Overall, HUGE Owl's Night fan. So so so glad I managed to find it, worth the hunt! Sequin Scandal is a nice alternative. It's not a dupe, and honestly looks a little "less special" when sitting next to Owl's Night. Both are very nice though! 

THANKS FOR DROPPING IN!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...