Pages

Saturday 3 September 2011

Revlon The Expressionist Collection A/W 2011


Exciting!!! This is Revlon's newest collection called the Expressionist collection and it is influenced by art by Franz Kline. It has four polishes from left to right: 


  • Facets of Fuchsia  (a black jelly base filled with purple glitter and a sprinkling of purple hexagon glitter)

  • Blue Mosaic  (a clear base packed with blue glitter and sparse hexagon glitter in blue, green and silver)

  • Starry Pink  (a light purple/pink milky cream with silver glitter and silver hexagon glitter)

  • Smoky Canvas  (a light brown cream with grey undertones)

When I saw the first bottle pictures of these a few month ago I got so excited. I only started paying attention to drug store nail polishes about a year ago. They have come a long long way!


Revlon has been putting out look a-likes for some time now. But it was mostly Chanel colours they copied so now it looks like they've moved on to Deborah Lippmann. I'm a little torn on this idea. I personally like wearing my Chanel or Deborah Lippmann polishes and knowing there isn't anything else like it. The other part of me thinks that it just pushes brands like Chanel to work even hard to come out with the next big thing, and that keeps things exciting!

My first impression...
  • Facets of Fuchsia is a possible dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Bad Romance (one my my all time favourite polishes) (See comparison here)
  • Blue Mosaic is a possible dupe for Deborah Lippmann Across the Universe
  • Smoky Canvas is a possible dupe for Deborah Lippmann Waking up in Vegas (see comparison here)
  • Starry Pink was the only one I wasn't sure if it copied another polish, from another brand maybe? If anyone knows, let me know!
I have Bad Romance and Waking up in Vegas so I'll be doing a comparison post soon. Now my thoughts on the colours... Smoky Canvas by far my favourite of the bunch, application was perfect. I was opaque in one coat, but I did two coats out of sheer habit. I can tell already that Facets of Fuchsia will be the one of the bunch to get the most hype.  Starry Pink was a hot messy after 3 coats, goopy and just not flattering. To get the three sparkle polishes opaque it took 3 coats, my guess is that these are best layered with other polishes.

Revlon is sold nearly everywhere! In Vancouver its available at London Drugs, Shoppers, SuperStore, Wal-Mart... You never have to go very far to find Revlon. It retails for $5 CND. Limited Edition collection displays I find pop up in London Drugs stores first. These are set to be release in October.

This was my first impressions of the collection, I wanted to get a few pictures up cause I'm sure they will be in a store near you soon. I'm going to have some DL comparisons coming. I would also love if you let me know what you think in the comments :) 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...