Pages

Monday 26 September 2011

Magnetic Lacquer: Yay or Nay? Layla - Magneffect Black Metal


I debated a little bit about if I should post about my first experience with magnetic polish. This is Layla, a European brand nail polish in the colour Black Metal. I executed this the very best that I could but really it turned out pretty bad. I'm a little on the fence about it, it's a cool concept though for sure. You can see on the middle finger the magnet accidentally touched the nail and you can see nothing really happened with the pinky finger. eeeeek!



So it's 10 mL for $16.99 CAD at London Drugs Stores. I haven't seen Layla sold anywhere else yet. London Drugs also carries Layla's crackle nail polish line. The magnet for this one is located on the top and it's the simple triple line design. If you wanted a different design you can buy LCN's star magnet for about $15 CAD/US which also works with the polish. I can see these being the next big trend to replace crackle/shatter nail polish. The polish itself is a little thick but manageable, a little tip is to work quickly. It takes a long time to dry so make sure you keep that in mind when you apply. Anyways... I'm not giving up on magnetic polish just yet. I'll be back trying it again soon, hopefully with better luck!





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...