Pages

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Deborah Lippmann - Stormy Weather created with Narciso Rodriguez


I'm in love!!! For Fall 2011 Deborah Lippmann came out with four new colours (see on her website here). This is Stormy Weather which she created with fashion designer Narciso Rodriguez. It's described as "edgy granite" creme. I love colours like this. 



Application was a little tricky. I found it to be a little watery and a little hard to fix any mistakes you make. It also shows any flaws in your nails. I've never used a ridge filler, but this polish makes me want to, every little bump and line shows. It's a very nice colour, a straight up dark grey. Great for work or a night out. 



Narciso Rodriguez is an American designer who is best known for designing Carolyn Bessette's wedding gown for her wedding to JKF Jr. or for designing a dress Michelle Obama wore for her first time appearing with her husband after he was elected. He's best known for being a edgy architectural designer, very sexy, very form fitting. I love collabs like this, I personally think nail polish is very much a fashion statement, so why wouldn't fashion designers get involved? Deborah Lippmann lacquers are available in Canada at Murale, Holts, and some boutiques. I found this and the entire Fall collection at Holts and they are $20 CND each. Dark grey cremes are huge this year, a lot of Fall collections have a dark creme in them, I'll do a comparison of some of the ones I have soon.

Goes very well with my SUV! 

I felt like Stormy Weather very much suited the weather here in Vancouver the last few days. This is my view of Vancouver from my office. If you've haven't been to Vancouver, the barges are the South Metro Port of Vancouver (which I is where I work), the high rises are the downtown core you might be able to see Canada Place which is the building with the white spikes in the middle and the trees on the right are Stanley Park. While it wasn't stormy, it was defiantly very cold and gloomy... Fall is here!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...