Pages

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Chanel Peridot (Fall 2011)


Peridot by Chanel came out with the ILLUSIONS D’OMBRES DE CHANEL collection for Fall 2011. It is limited edition, like most LE Chanel polishes it'll be selling out fast. Peridot received the most hype, the collection also had Graphite (click here) and Quartz. To be completely honest green has never been my cup of tea, so I wasn't drawn to it, then I saw it in person while I was picking up Graphite. Instantly I had to have it. And to be even more honest I wasn't sure what Peridot was, so I googled it... it's the birthstone for the month of August and it the customary 16th Wedding Anniversary gift. Even cooler is that it was Cleoparta's favourite gem. Chanel can you make a Blue Topaz polish for my Birthday!? 

So the application was great, I hate streak lines so I was a bit concerned I wouldn't like this polish, but streaks were minimal. It is a gorgeous colour, depending on how the light hits it, it can be gold, green, I think I see a bit of blue too. I'm glad I picked it up, it's unique to my collection, though other blogs have found dupes (like Sephora brand Diving in Malaysia). I found mine at a Chanel counter at The Bay in West Vancouver ($27 CND). I find that counter has some of the nicest sales ladies. You can also find Chanel at Holt Renfrew, I may be wrong but I don't think you can buy Chanel online in Canada yet. 

Final Thoughts... I love it!  





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...